This website is produced on an Apple iMac, using OmniGraffle and Fireworks to realise early design concepts before being marked up as HTML in TextMate. I use and recommend WebFaction for web hosting. Type set in Source Sans Pro and served via Adobe Edge Fonts.
This site is published using Movable Type Pro 5 and a number of supporting plugins:
- Markdown and SmartyPants by John Gruber
- Widont by Brook Elgie
- FlickrPhotos by Marc Carey
- TagSupplementals by Hirotaka Ogawa
- Regex by Brad Choate
- Gravatar by Automattic
- ModifiedDate by Hirotaka Ogawa
- MapBox interactive maps
- oembed-php to display linked photos and videos inline via oEmbed
- FlexSlider by Tyler Smith
- LESS styles compiled with lessphp
I’ve referenced or been inspired by the following articles:
- Resolution Independence With SVG by David Bushell
- Compose to a Vertical Rhythm and Web Typography by Richard Rutter
- Ghost in the Machine Tags by Jeremy Keith
- Responsive Web Design by Ethan Marcotte
- Creating Intrinsic Ratios for Video by Thierry Koblentz
I always try to adhere to web standards and best practices. Therefore, pages are semantically structured using valid HTML5 with presentational design provided by CSS. Syndicated feeds are available using Atom-flavoured RSS.
Site analytics are tracked using Mint by Shaun Inman.